Tuesday, June 12, 2012

48 Years ago on the Hudson

When I was a young lad, I got to go to the 1964 World's Fair in New York.  We drove to New York but we took a boat back from New York to Mentor, OH on Lake Erie via the Hudson River and the Erie Canal.  The boat was a brand new 28' Trojan that my Dad was delivering to a dealer in Ohio.  There were 9 people on the boat for the 7 day trip.  Our 40' boat is sometimes crowded with just Ginny and I so having 9 people on a 28' boat was pretty packed.  I don't remember a lot about the trip but I do remember a couple of the marina's we stopped at and going through the locks.  I am not going to recreate that trip because I am not going to travel 12 hours a day with 9 people and I am not going all the way down the Erie Canal but I do appreciate these kinds of things and maybe someday one of my children will do this trip.  My Mom and Dad and my Grandma are deceased but my brothers and sisters may get a kick out of this.

 The log
The boat and the Canal permit

1 comment:

  1. Hi Craig and Ginny, You are right, i did appreciate the trip down memory lane. From what i remember about the stress of 9 people on board, it is just as well you don't remember much. I have really enjoyed the blogs and pictures the last couple of days. If i had it to do over this would a leg of the trip I would have enjoyed.
    your sister, cherie

    ReplyDelete