Saturday, July 28, 2012

Crossing Our Wake - Harrisville, MI July 26, 2012

Harrisville, MI
Harrisville Municipal Harbor
July 26, 2012

This may not be our final post - but it probably will be.  We still have a few days of travel left to get to our home port but we have officially crossed our wake.  It has been a fantastic adventure and I can't believe it has been a year.  We met so many wonderful people and we saw some pretty cool stuff on the way. I could write for hours about the places and people, but I think the best part of the trip was going to the Bahamas.  Living on the boat was for the most part great but it did get a little tight at times and there were times that we just had to get off for a while. 
I will list some statistics below.  As you can see, we did not anchor out much so marinas were the biggest part.  If you add dinning out and groceries then food was 32% which I am sure doesn't surprise anyone who has read the blog or knows me.  We had some wonderful meals on the trip and most of those were great because of the company as well as the food.  We had one mishap, but other than that the boat ran great and we had no mechanical breakdowns.  We spent more money than budgeted - but again if you know me that is really no surprise.
The biggest surprise was how much work this trip was.  Charting, navigating, making reservations and blogging take a lot of time and effort.  I also realized how much I don't enjoy driving so if Ginny had not done 95% of the piloting and docking, I might have turned around after the first week.  I guess I am droning on and on so goodbye for now and if you ever get a chance to do the Great Loop, do it.

Days:  365
Statue Miles: 7,000
Gallons of Fuel: 5,000
Engine Hours: 785
Average Miles Per Gallon: 1.37
Average Speed: 8.75
Percentage of Costs:
     Dockage: 25%
     Fuel: 24%
     Dinging Out: 18%
     Groceries: 14%
     Supplies: 6%
     Repairs: 5%
     Other: 8%






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the loop! We will miss reading your blog posts, but then again, mine have stopped also! Bob agrees with Craig, traveling the Loop is a great adventure and we had a wonderful time, but it was his daily "job". Stay and touch and look us up if you make it to southwest Florida again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig and Ginny,

    I have followed your blog since the first day you took off on your journey. I will miss reading about your ventures.

    I enjoyed meeting you when you stopped at Green Turtle Bay. I wish you the very best and pleas keep in touch.

    John and Kathy Wright
    Wright ChoiceOwensboro, Ky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Craig and Ginny! What an adventure and I have enjoyed reading all about it and seeing the pictures, too. Let me know if you will be coming by DYC as you return to home port. All the best, Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS CRAIG AND GINNY!!! I have truly enjoyed reading this blog!! WELCOME HOME :)

    ReplyDelete