Saturday, August 6, 2011

First Port That We have Not Been To Before

Today is the first day that we have not traveled since we started.  I know it has only been 5 days but it seems longer.  Port Austin is a very nice small city and they had a farmers market today with over 150 vendors.  We got some things that we just could not live without (pecan rolls and scarfs for our grand dogs).  The holding tank sensor has not been working so I worked on it.  I had ordered a new one so I put that in today.  In the end I ended up with two sensors that don't work.  We took the dingy out for the first time.  I wanted to go to the beach but there were rocks and not much sand so we bagged it and drank beer.  Some stitching on one of the front window panels came loose so I decided I could sew it.  I eventually got it done but I kept wrapping the thread around a support and had to thread the needle again.  Maybe the beer had something to do with that.  We met the boat neighbors and had cocktails and dinner with them.  They were from Bay City Michigan and had some good stories.  We are going to Harrisville tomorrow which is about 45 miles across Saginaw Bay.

 Farmers Market

 Two holding tank sensors that don't work

 Where we had dinner last night

 A wedding on the beach

 Stitching the front panel

I took wood shop in high school

1 comment:

  1. Wood shop? you and your brother made wooden shoes and hit preston with them.

    ReplyDelete