Friday, August 26, 2011

Pentwater

As I mentioned in my last post we had a pretty bumpy ride to Pentwater from Ludington. Well I can tell you that Pentwater is probably my favorite city so far. You might remember that I like things close and especially the grocery store. The store was a 100 yards from the boat and the rest of the city was also very close. Pentwater has a very nice marine store and I was able to replace the dinghy gas tank. The tank was easy to find but the hose and the connectors that connect the tank to the engine are much more difficult. Each engine manufacturer has their own connectors and there are several different ones for the tank. Long story short, I did not get the hose at the store, so I researched it on the internet for hours and was finally able to figure out which on I needed and ordered it on the internet. The part will be shipped to our daughter's to be delivered on Labor Day weekend. There were a lot of shops and dining options. My favorite was an ice cream store where I found two perfect coney dogs. We ate dinner on the boat both nights. Marge on Escape made BLT's one night and Ginny made spaghetti the next. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to Mike and Marge last night after dinner. They are headed home after being out for two months and we were headed farther south to Grand Haven.



Bad day on the water for a few ships



We didn't stay at the municipal marina but it was right next door



Hey how about that, a sunset.

If you look real close there is a fisherman on the wall



Taken from the boat looking right down main street



Sailboat races every Wednesday



Farmers market in town



I hope they have insurance



Daily visitors
Last dinner with the folks from Escape


Leaving Pentwater into a flat lake Michigan



Who's driving



Coming into Grand Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment